I wish I had taken better pictures but I was in a big hurry, I had to mail them Wednesday morning before the deadline was up!
Yes, I know the picture is not great quality, but it was late and I was tired, I just wanted to get a little closer look.
It was sooo easy and FUN to make. Have a 2x4 cut down to 6,5, and 4 inches, then choose your scrapbook paper, ribbon and embellishments. You first wanna sand down to rough edges of the wood, be careful you don't get a splinter. I just hand sanded my blocks, it took 5 minutes. Then you want to cut out the paper according to the size of your block...mod podge it on the wood, and add your letters and ribbon and buttons or flowers or whatever you want. I also used distress ink, to rough it up a bit. So easy. One hour tops! It took me longer to decide what scrapbook paper to use than it did to actually finish the blocks!
Aurora loves them!!! I am sooooo glad. I mailed them on Wednesday and she received them on Friday.
Super quick!
On the way to the post office my car overheated and broke down! UGGHHH!!! It sucked but it got fixed within 24 hrs and is running now, but I think it's still leaking something....I will call in the morning to see if our mechanic can fix it, unless he is at the lake for the 4th.


















4 comments:
These blocks are FABULOUS! Really, I am so glad this is what you ended up doing. And your comment was so sweet about the neighbor thing. Ugh, it was so hard but really it was worth every ounce of fear. I am so glad you could relate...it makes a girl feel not so alone in circumstances like this. Thanks for being so encouraging.
I love your blocks! {had to laugh about the "pro in procrasination" you are not alone dear}
Please join us for the FrenchGardenHouse Belgian Linen GIVEAWAY! ~Lidy
Cute, easy and thrifty...that's my kind of craft! Your blocks turned out GREAT!
Your blocks turned out VERY cute. I made some blocks for my sister a couple years back, and really wanna do some for myself. Thanks for reminding me how easy it is. :)
Post a Comment