Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I survived!!!

Yay!!!! I am finally finished with this semester of school. It was my first semester of college as a new mommy. I worked part-time at UPS and took online classes this semester, along with being a full-time mama! Man it was tough! I worked so hard and I am so proud of myself. There were times when it was very hard but I never gave up. I know it's going to take me a while to finish school, even longer now since I can only take two or three classes a semester, but it will pay off in the end, and I have to keep that in mind. I have A's in both classes, History and English. Jerimy was a big help: he never complained about entertaining Cohen for hours and hours while I studied. He is such a wonderful man. I also have to thank my awesome mama! She has been a huge help this semester too. She kept Cohen many times so I could get my school work finished on time. Overall, this semester went pretty smoothly. I am so grateful for this break from school work for a few weeks. Next semester begins in mid-January so I plan to relax until then!

Today I have been cleaning our apartment. With being a mom and having two surgeries and going to school this semester, I haven't had too much time to focus on housework. We've lived here for a year now and it's time to make our house a home. We are getting ready to sign another lease for 2010 so we can get the same rate rent as we did for 2009. We like it here and plan to be here for a while, so resigning a lease agreement makes sense right now. Plus, I REALLY hate moving. Also, we really cannot afford another $30/month on rent, which is what we would pay if we went month-to-month.

I have lots to do in the next few weeks before I go back to work. Cohen's Christmas play at school is tonight at 7. Pictures to follow. Now it's time for a short nap. Hmmm, I'm beginning to like this whole blogging thing : )

No comments: